“We paid three billion for this station, we’ll decide what the news is! The news is what we tell you it is!” — Fox news WTVT Tampa Bay station manager upon firing reporters that defied “orders” about airing an exposé on the contamination of Monsanto’s bovine grown hormone in the Florida milk supply, after Monsanto executives leaned on Fox headquarters to quell the story.
Once upon a time — way back in the dark ages of the “trickle down” 1980′s — major American media empires had been trimmed down to something like fifty, which many critics viewed back then as an alarmingly low number from the perspective of being diversely objective in reporting “the news”.
Leaping forward to the egregiously contentious and downtrodden era of 2011, we can now count — almost on one hand — the number of major American media monopolies as pared down to a meager but royally omnipotent six colossal megaconglomerate dictatorships.
Further, the media monopolies have now all been bought up, merged, purged of ethical journalists, and the poor remaining blabbering bobbleheads retrained by six greedy unethical globalist transnational corporations (listed below), which also just happen to “own” puppet politicians and their slave government. Most if not all of these media giant owners, like General Electric, pay no federal taxes — zero, zilch, nothing, while the IRS bleeds out the working class to keep the government running.
First, realize and remember that the following are a few of the known deviously obfuscational tactics of “journalism” now preached and employed religiously within the propagandist halls of the six brainwashing corporate media kingdoms: perception management, suppression by omission, pre-emptive assumption, attack and destroy the target, deceptive labeling, face value transmission, censorship, repetition, normalization, content slighting, false balancing, avoidance of followups, framing, and of course their mantra of shit happens. Sorry, but explaining these tactics along with all the others could fill an entire book and is way outside the scope of a webpage, but you might be able to discern what these imply, and henceforth apply them to observing any “news” reports in an attempt to see through the deceptions.
Realize that journalism is no longer a profession; it is instead now a business and is all about pandering to “big business”. The business of running political ads for billions of dollars, which is paid for by politicians who receive billions of dollars in so-called campaign contributions from the corporations that own and control “big media” and therefore the politicians. A circular money loop, with the politicians keeping part of the money as their “bonus”.
Entire books have been written about the deplorable media situation, but the point of this brief initial overview is that everyone needs to comprehend and remember that the sole purpose of the muddling mainstream media manglers is to distract, lowball, smokescreen, downplay, obfuscate, create delusional mirages, cast bright shiny objects, and just plain make up whatever suits the unconscionable greed of their pharmaceutically lobotomized corporate imperious slave masters, in order to keep the populace blatantly misinformed, happily dumbed-down, and dead-head brainwashed.
In other words, don’t fall for their fallaciously fecund facade of fabrications. It just isn’t true. It’s mostly blatant distortions and even outright lies. Oh, of course they will blabber the occasional truth when there is no loss to them because of it, and they will occasionally masquerade as investigative watchdogs to lull you into complacency, as long as it doesn’t hurt big media companies or their slave masters or big business.
For your mindset, below is a rundown on the greedy transnational corporations that own “big media”, politicians, and the government, and therefore are the actual “leaders” of America, leading us down the precipitous avalanching road to destruction…
- General Electric media-related holdings include television networks NBC and Telemundo, Universal Pictures, Focus Features, 26 television stations in the United States and cable networks MSNBC, Bravo and the Sci Fi Channel. GE also owns 80 percent of NBC Universal.
- The Walt Disney Company owns the ABC Television Network, cable networks including ESPN, the Disney Channel, SOAPnet, A&E and Lifetime, 277 radio stations, music and book publishing companies, production companies Touchstone, Miramax and Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar Animation Studios, the cellular service Disney Mobile, and theme parks around the world.
- News Corporation’s media holdings include: the Fox Broadcasting Company; television and cable networks such as Fox, Fox Business Channel, National Geographic and FX; print publications including the Wall Street Journal, the New York Post and TVGuide; the magazines Barron’s and SmartMoney; book publisher HarperCollins; film production companies 20th Century Fox, Fox Searchlight Pictures and Blue Sky Studios; numerous websites including MarketWatch.com; and non-media holdings including the National Rugby League.
- Time Warner is the largest media conglomerate in the world, with holdings including: CNN, the CW (a joint venture with CBS), HBO, Cinemax, Cartoon Network, TBS, TNT, America Online, MapQuest, Moviefone, Warner Bros. Pictures, Castle Rock and New Line Cinema, and more than 150 magazines including Time, Sports Illustrated, Fortune, Marie Claire and People.
- Viacom holdings include: MTV, Nickelodeon/Nick-at-Nite, VH1, BET, Comedy Central, Paramount Pictures, Paramount Home Entertainment, Atom Entertainment, and music game developer Harmonix. Viacom 18 is a joint venture with the Indian media company Global Broadcast news.
- CBS Corporation owns the CBS Television Network, CBS Television Distribution Group, the CW (a joint venture with Time Warner), Showtime, book publisher Simon & Schuster, 30 television stations, and CBS Radio, Inc, which has 130 stations. CBS is now the leading supplier of video to Google’s new Video Marketplace.
- May 2011 update: the latest media comcastrophe is that the commies of Comcast are buying out NBC. Now, do something to fix the problem…join us in our monumental effort to fix America, while it is still possible, at this almost too late point in time…
For your reality knowledge base, we provide a list of some examples of the most egregious problems with the big business biased media charlatans and their duplicitous politicians on the “WMD Problems” page at this link.
We also provide some methods that must be pursued to fix the current problems with the big business biased media and their duplicitous politicians on the “WMD Solutions” page at this link.
And we provide some reliable alternative media sources (as well as precautions on some of the maybe not so obvious biased media shills) on the “WMD Alternatives” page at this link.
Lastly, if you might care to peruse some information on books regarding the media, click on this link to our books Knowledge Base which pretty much serves as our psuedo-bibliography. There is an entry for “Weapons of Mass Deception” in an index of clickable links near the top of that page which allows you to jump directly down to the selected category.
Disclaimer. We acknowledge that a few responsible journalists in the mainstream media prescribe to relatively unbiased and ethical reporting.
Just getting started, had to break off at this point, leaving this a little loose for now, back at it in a day or two to clean this up…
If you have any questions or suggestions you may send us an email at email@example.com.
To be notified of additions to this webpage
type your email address in the box below
|and then press the ‘enter’ key.|
SAVE US NOW by SAVE US NOW is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.saveusnow.org.
SAVE US NOW © 2011-2013 All Rights Reserved.